Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
Chameleon Web Services standard terms and conditions related to Search Engine Optimisation are detailed below. If you require further information please contact us.
By placing an order with Chameleon Web Services, you confirm that you are in agreement with and bound by the terms and conditions below. Anyone who experiences a problem with the service provided by Chameleon Web Services should raise the matter directly to Chameleon Web Services in writing, giving sufficient information to identify the issue and clearly outlining the grounds for complaint. Chameleon Web Services will do everything in its power to resolve the issue to the satisfaction of the complainant.
Please read carefully the Chameleon Web Services Terms and Conditions below before any Purchase or Order of services.
Terms and Conditions Definitions:
The Client: The company or individual requesting the services of Chameleon Web Services
Chameleon Web Services: Service Provider employees or affiliates.
Prior to work being undertaken by Chameleon Web Services, we require assurances from the client stating that:
The customer has not employed the services of any Search Engine Optimisation Company other than Chameleon Web Services to work on their website promotion.
The customer has not employed the services of any Submission Company during the same period of Chameleon Web Services providing their Search Engine Optimisation services.
The customer has not created any duplicate sites, duplicate content or pages, redirects or doorway pages to their website whilst advertising online with Chameleon Web Services.
The customer has not requested or exchanged links with any link farms or undertaken any spamming techniques which may harm the web sites search engine ranking with Google.
The Customer agrees that their website is not hosted on free web space using domain forwarding (either framed or otherwise) whilst using Chameleon Web Services SEO Services.
Access to client website
The client must grant the authority to submit the Web Site pages being promoted to Search Engines and directories.
The client must guarantee Chameleon Web Services at all times that the material included in the Web Site:
Is not in breach of the Intellectual Property rights of any third party.
Is not obscene within the definition of the Obscene Publications Act 1959 or any other relevant provision or statute.
Is not in breach of any code or provision of statute or common law or otherwise in force from time to time in relation to Advertising of Goods or Services.
Contains no element of corporative advertising which is in breach of the Control of Misleading Advertisements (Amendment) Regulations 2000.
Is not in breach of the Defamation Act 1996 or any other relevant provision or statute.
Does not contain any misleading price comparison in breach of Consumer Protection Act.
Termination for breach, insolvency or frustration.
Chameleon Web Services will carry out work only where an agreement is provided by the client either by email, telephone, mail or fax. An ‘order’ is deemed to be a written or verbal contract between Chameleon Web Services and the client. The terms are set out below and these constitute the only terms and conditions under which Chameleon Web Services enters into this agreement. No employee or agent of Chameleon Web Services is authorised to agree or perform any alterations in the terms and conditions of this agreement. This agreement lasts for a period of 4 months unless the client wishes to extend it by giving notice to Chameleon Web Services. The client shall pay the entire invoice fee within 10 days of invoice date. In the event of the client failing to make the final payment to Chameleon Web Services then Chameleon Web Services is entitled to take any or all of the following remedies, in any order it sees fit:
(1) Require immediate payment of the outstanding fee.
(2) Add interest to the debt at 3% above the base rate of UK Banks Current Interest rate.
(3) Issue written demands for the sum due, each such demand requiring a fee of £55.00 payable by the client.
(4) Cease working on behalf of the client until all overdue sums are paid.
(5) Be released from any obligations to refund any money to the client under any other terms of this agreement.
(6) To deduct outstanding sums from the clients credit card or debit card and the client hereby authorizes such transactions.
The client understands that search engines are independent companies who select and rank sites using their own criteria and therefore to obtain a high ranking the client must follow Chameleon Web Services recommendations for optimising their website for search engine listing. If the client fails to follow Chameleon Web Services recommendations then the results achieved by Chameleon Web Services will have considerably less importance than would be achieved otherwise.
“A Top 10 ranking” means that your selected search term or key phrase will be placed in the first 10 results on Google.co.uk within a minimum of 20 weeks of the optimisation techniques being uploaded to the customers website. Although Google’s results are displayed on other search engines e.g. AOL, Yahoo etc, the work that is carried out by Chameleon Web Services is solely aimed at increasing visibility and boosting search engine ranking on Google.
Chameleon Web Services stress that it is not possible to give any guarantees for any specific result on any search engine, nor can we quantify the level of increased traffic or sales, as a result of the search engine optimisation campaign. Advertising online is an unpredictable market place and Chameleon Web Services can give no guaranteed positioning.
Chameleon Web Services must have the ability to optimize the structure and content of your web pages. Such changes generally have a minimal visual impact. Chameleon Web Services will work directly with you in order to maintain the original look and feel of your website.
The client must provide Chameleon Web Services with log-in information (FTP username and password) to allow us to gain access to your website. Chameleon Web Services will maintain confidentiality of log-in information. You must inform your webmaster or anyone else who has access to the Web site that Chameleon Web Services are performing Search Engine Optimisation services on your site.
(1) Chameleon Web Services may terminate this agreement at any time if the clients website contains any material which is illegal, pornographic, and/or racially abusive or is likely to cause offense or damage to Chameleon Web Services reputation.
(2) The search engines targeted will be those search engines that Chameleon Web Services considers to be the most important with regards to popularity, language, content, location, coverage or any other criteria that Chameleon Web Services considers suitable.
(3) Chameleon Web Services will choose suitable sets of words to search for in the search engines and the position in the results obtained using these words will be used for assessing search engine listings. A listing is where a search engine is queried with the words chosen by Chameleon Web Services and the clients website address or a link to that address appears in the results returned. The words chosen by Chameleon Web Services will be a test phrase. Although the clients website address, or links to that address, will be listed when searching for different words, reports will contain only one test phrase.
(4) All notices must be in writing. Notices to Chameleon Web Services must be addressed to Chameleon Web Services Limited, Head Office, 202, Dudley Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B63 3NR or such address as is advised by Chameleon Web Services. Notices to clients will be considered valid if addressed to the clients address as it appears on the agreement or such address as is advised by the client.
(5) The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this agreement shall not affect or impair the validity of any other provision. No waiver of any rights Chameleon Web Services has under this agreement shall be deemed from any failure by Chameleon Web Services to enforce any part of this agreement.
(6) The signatory to this agreement on behalf of the client warrants that he/she has the authority to commit the client to this agreement and further confirms that this agreement is between two businesses. If any of the clients payments are made by a credit card or debit card, Bank Transfer, demand draft which is not in the name of the business, then it is for the client to reimburse the card holder for any payments made on the clients behalf.
The signatory to this agreement on behalf of the client warrants that he/she has the authority to commit the client to this agreement and further confirms that this agreement is between two businesses. If any of the clients payments are made by a credit card or debit card, which is not in the name of the business, then it is for the client to reimburse the card holder for any payments made on the clients behalf.
Payment Terms & Conditions
We accept offline payments such as credit card payments, cheques made payable to Chameleon Web Services, Cash and Bank Transfers. We Accept Online Payments via PayPal only. We have an agreements in place with Streamline.
Cheque’s are to made payable to Chameleon Web Services and then posted to the address, Chameleon Web Services Limited, Head Office, 202, Dudley Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B63 3NR
Note that if paying via cheque’s then standard clearance of 5 working days of receiving the clients cheque and CLEARED funds before any work commences.
All prices quoted do not include VAT unless stated on the specific quotation. VAT is not negotiable and we have to charge VAT on all our invoices.
We use Debt Recovery Agents to recover any outstanding invoice charges. All invoices are due for payment strictly according to invoice terms stated at the footer of the invoice or 30 days from the invoice date. Any invoice outstanding beyond this period will be referred to out Debt Recovery Agents and will be subject to our standard referral fee of 10% or £25, whichever is the greater. Our recovery agents will add a surcharge of 15% plus VAT. It will be your responsibility to pay this surcharge and all other fees incurred; this is legally enforceable. If your regular service payments are collected via Credit or Debit card, then you agree that in the event of a cancellation of services, we have the authority to recover the shortfall in payment from the card information that you have provided.
Money back Policy
We have much confidence in our works but should the client not be satisfied by our service, send a refund request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate the reasons why you are not satisfied and we investigate all claims in an attempt to deduct specific charges as outlined in the refund request. We will send your refund using a company cheque as payment method.
Note: We do not offer refunds for off-page work such as: search engine submission projects, directory submission projects, article submission projects, press release submission projects, content creations bulk orders or other off-page projects.
Loss of Service
Chameleon Web Services accepts no liability for loss of service, unavailability of files, damage of data, misuse of equipment by other clients, failure of any externally managed equipment or Communications devices or other services deemed to be beyond Chameleon Web Services control.
We do not have any affiliate/reseller program and we do not have any resellers or affiliates. We only accept outsourced project requests if the there is a benefit to the client and there would be a written agreement in place with the client, however Chameleon Web Services do not have any responsibility for a third party outsourced business.
We will never ask for your financial information.
Username and passwords that are required should only be shared once an agreement is in place.
If Chameleon Web Services create any user accounts for the benefit of the work being carried then the security email address or reset password email address where possible will be the clients email address giving the client full control. All user accounts opened for the client will be documented and provided to the client in an email.
If you receive and or find any fake emails or phishing attempts, please report it to: email@example.com and do not respond to the requests.
We will never ask a third party to contact a client by email or telephone unless an agreement with the client is in place verbally or via email before hand.
Do not share any information relating to costs or process that Chameleon Web Services follow as this would break any contract that is in place with Chameleon Web Services. Tactics and process that Chameleon Web Services follow are sometime unique and these give Chameleon Web Services an advantage over competitors and thus the information is confidential and cannot be shared with a third party.
We take complaints serious, please find our complaints process here.
These terms and conditions are in place to protect both client and Chameleon Web Services Limited.